Thursday, August 27, 2015

Tutorial - Shirred Sundress from a Man's Dress Shirt

http://www.scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com/2015/08/make-shirred-sundress-from-mans-dress.html
Instruction for shirring is included in tutorial

Tutorial at Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom Blog

"Nothing like a quick and easy sewing project to satisfy a sewing urge! Even better when you can take something unloved and out of style and transform it into an adorable outfit for your little one. We've had this XL gingham teal button down shirt hanging out in our closet since the late '90's, I'm sure.  I never could quite toss it out.  Then last year, I saw this dress at a Matilda Jane trunk show.  You could probably make the this dress with any fabric and just add a faux button placket later, but I thought the easiest way to recreate the look would be to upcycle a Man's dress shirt.  It already has a placket built in!  (Plus, I love to upcycle, I always get a little thrill to put unloved items to new use".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment