Monday, May 25, 2015

Tutorial - Refashion Work Shirts into a Summer Dress

http://www.upcycleddesignlab.com/2015/05/upcycled-work-shirts-to-refashioned-summer-dress.html
Experiment with tie dying to get this ombre effect

Tutorial at Upcycled Design Lab Blog

"I found myself with some of my clean but completely stained white work shirts.  They were yellowed from too many bleach washes and there were other stains that the bleach just couldn't remove.   If you know anything about my crafting you know I like a challenge and the more trashy an item is the more rewarding it is if you can actually make something out of it.  Well these are heavy weight oxford shirts so the fabric itself is still in good condition and since I still had the dye bath from last weeks project sitting in a pot I set out to re-fashion my unsightly old work shirts".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment