Thursday, July 31, 2014

Tutorial - How to Square Up a Quilt Block

http://thecraftymummy.com/2014/06/square-up-quilt-block/
Quick tutorial on squaring up a quilt block

Tutorial at The Crafty Mummy Blog

"In a perfect world, all my patchwork quilt blocks would turn out perfect. Those perfect squares and strips would come together perfectly to make a 12.5″ block with seams of exactly a quarter-inch and I would not have any crooked edges.  Unfortunately my quilt blocks don’t seem to have been created in my perfect world. Sigh. Usually my blocks are actually slightly larger than the pattern says they should be and sometimes the seams are just slightly too large or too small, or even {gasp!} slightly crooked. Not enough to ruin the block completely but enough to make the edges a bit crooked and strange-looking".... Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment